[Zope] INSTANCE_HOME -> Trying to make my life easier.

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:28:09 +0200

> I am trying to make my life easier by listining to what I am told...
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/instancehome
>
> Problem is I can not find the stop script anywhere in the Zope 2.4.0
> Windows .exe that I installed as a manual start on Windows2000 in order=
> fulfill the instructions:
>
> "Edit stop so that the path it uses leads to the site's var, not the Zo=
pe
> installation."

on windows there is no stop script, it only exists on unix/linux systems (it
lists the process ID's of the zope process and  `kill´s them).

On windows the same effect is achieved but closing the console window.
don't run zope as a service , but I assume the same effect is achieved by
stoppuing the service in the service control pane/app-whatever.

> I assume not doing so causes the error message I am getting when I use =
the
> web UI to shut down the server:
>
> Site Error
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> exceptions.SystemExit
>
> Zope has exited normally.

this is a normal Zope-exit result; it sure is intimidating though :-)

Hope this helps.

/dario
Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services