[Zope] Dynamic HTML Forms

McMains, Sean smcmains@origin.ea.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:39:27 -0500

Thanks, Eric! I thought there might be something along these lines in Zope.
I should have mentioned in my original message that I actually needed to
pass several values from each record to the next page, so having them in a
list is only workable if the order that they appear in the list is reliable.
With so many web browsers out there, I didn't feel comfortable that the
lists' ordering could be trusted, since there's no guarantee what order the
browser will use to send the data to the server.

Jim Penny had another example that added an index to the fields, a la my
"value1" approach:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jpenny/variable_length_forms

This forces each value to have its own discrete name, so you can be sure
you're getting what you need.

I am, however, glad to know that this approach is available too, as there
are places it will be invaluable.

Thanks again!
Sean