[Zope] siteroot. I beg you please help!

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:57:51 +0200

> I have a problem with siteroot. Can you help me with this?

This smells buggy, but here's some advice...

> I installed a siteroot in a folder: /female
> Now in this folder there is an acl_users folder thus: /female/acl_users
>
> The problem here is the authentication. When I try to enter the management
> screen for /female it asks for auth and it does not look for the user in
the
> /acl_users but it looks for the user in the /female/acl_users folder.

Strange. Make sure everything works before you switch on the SiteRoot. There
shouldn't be any different with a SiteRoot there except that it causes
confusion with the URLs and hosts and stuff.
Try it with different name for the ACL user.
One called "fritz1" in / and another one called 'fritz2' in /females.

So, make sure everything works without SiteRoots, _then_ switch them on.
Still a problem, => bug

> The only user that can enter /female is the emergency user.

Don't forget::

 /females/_SUPPRESS_SITEROOT/manage_main