[Zope] Newbie question: testing a script with a record argument

Roger Erens r.erens@eurosys.nl
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:30:25 +0200

L.S.,

Actually I have 2 questions:

#1 Could someone hint me on how to test a Python script in the test tab
view, where the script needs a person record (as obtained from an
addPersonForm)?
The person record consists of the person.fname and person.lname fields but I
just have one entry for person in the test form.

#2 The above-mentioned form should let me add a person-object to a
Persons-folder. I want to assign to every object a unique IDnumber. My idea
is to store the lastAssignedID information as a property of the
Persons-folder and update it after every adding. Does this make sense and
should I use something like container.manage_changeProperty(lastAssignedID)?

Thanks in advance,

Roger Erens