[Zope] create File object from Python Script?

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:13:08 -0500

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:57:47 -0500 you wrote:

>O.k., I'm stumped.  I've been looking over old
>messages and source code, but I haven't come
>to enlightenment on creating a File from a
>string.  I can only create one from an
>uploaded file.

It's amazing what airing problems in public
can do.

I decided to wipe out everything I was doing
and start over.  I dug into OFS/Image.py again
and decided that surely "file" could be a
string.  So I just hardcoded a string into
manage_addFile().

It worked!

It appears that my problem was not with
manage_addFile(), but with what I thought was
a string.  I think I've got a handle on it.

Sorry for the disruption.

--kyler