[Zope] How/Where to store user specific data?

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:02:50 -0700

You could also create a Users folder with a subfolder for each user. You
would access the user's folder in HTML thus:

<dtml-with Users>
<dtml-with ThisUser>
...read or write properties or user objects...
</dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

You can use properties of the user folder for simple user-specific data. Or
you have the flexibility to add other objects to the user's folder for
unlimited expansion of the application; for example, a locator object, a
"results of Test A" object, a "results of Test B" object.

And you could create methods (DTML methods or otherwise) in the Users folder
that would provide a common interface to all of the data in all of the
users' subfolders.

-- Loren