[Zope] Zope/PostgreSQL/PoPy

Matt Hand matt@bitflip.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:47:41 -0500

Hello all,

  I have successfully installed the PoPyDA product in Zope and am able to query existing PostgreSQL databses but am getting the following error when I try to INSERT a new record into the database:

Error, exceptions.NameError: global name 'string' is not defined

<snip/>

  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 544, in __call__
    (Object: <string>)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/sqlvar.py, line 206, in render
    (Object: job_num)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/zpopyda/PoPy_DA.py, line 103, in sql_quote__
    (Object: RoleManager)
NameError: (see above)

  I'm using the <dtml-sqlvar name type="string"> tag to insert the variables, which works fine when I use Gadfly.

  If anyone has any suggestions (or a FM I can R), I be most appreciative.

Thanks,
Matt Hand
matt@bitflip.com