[Zope] CLIENT_HOME NameError

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:46:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hanno Schulz writes:
 > After restarting my zope i got following error:
 >
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   File "/usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-linux2-x86/z2.py", line 548, in ?
 >     zdaemon.run(sys.argv, os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME, Zpid))
 > NameError: CLIENT_HOME
 >
 > This Zope instance was running for about a month. We never had any problems
 > with it.
 > It's running on linux SuSe 7.2
Strange!

"CLIENT_HOME" should be defined by the preceeding "import ZServer".
This in turn does:

try:
    import App.version_txt, App.FindHomes
    ZOPE_VERSION=App.version_txt.version_txt()
except:
    ZOPE_VERSION='experimental'

and "App.FindHomes" should put "CLIENT_HOME" into the "buildin" module.

Apparently, there is an exception preventing "App.FindHomes" to be
imported.

I would add

    import traceback
    traceback.print_exc()

after the "ZOPE_VERSION='experimental' to see whether an (and what)
exception is raised.

Dieter