[Zope] Zope/PostgreSQL/PoPy

Antonio JesÚS Carrasco GarcÍA antoniojezu@hotmail.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:46:01 +0200

Russell Hires wrote:

> I'm in the same boat. When I was having trouble connecting to the
PostgreSQL
> db, I got an interesting response from Thierry Michel, the author of of
the
> PoPy adapter: look at the permissions on the database. Sure enough, I
didn't
> have permission to make a local connection.
>
> I told you all of that so I could tell you this: I think this might be the
> same error: something may be wrong at the db level, and not with zope or
the
> adapter. Of course, I have no idea what it could be, and I've checked a
> number of PostgreSQL docs to find out what could be the problem with
"string"
> but nothing yet. I tried the "nb" type as well, and no go. I haven't done
too
> much with the numeric types yet...maybe I'll test those to make sure they
all
> work. But float does!

So..., what can we do?. I have been looking for information in some
PostGreSQL docs, Python docs, Zope docs (ZSQL Method), but nothing. I´m sure
it works for float and int types, but with string or nb, it doesn´t work.
the error line in PoPy_DA.py is:
    find=string.find
So, is it a "casting" problem of python, or PostGreSQL?.
Are we going to use another db (MySQL, Gadfly (;-D), ...) to solve our
problem?
Who can say us something about how to solve the problem?.

This a serious thread of Zope Mail. "To use, or not to use PostGreSQL, this
is our question"