[Zope] RAM [was MERLINO Nuovo Motore di ricerca Italiano]

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:06:27 +0200

> This is true, but what I really don't get is the spam from China or
> Taiwan where my email client only sees a bunch of gibberish :-)  To get on
> topic, is there a minimum amount of RAM required for good Zope performance
> on a Raq3? Or will it work fine for lower traffic sites with a lessor
> amount?

My rule of thumb: less than 128 MB will suck, more than 256 MB are only
needed if you have extremely high loads (and want to cache a lot) or have
other demanding software (like an RDBMS) up and running on the same machine.
(That's for a single or just a few Zope instances. If you want to run many,
you'll probably need more RAM).

Joachim