[Zope] simple ZClass instance can't be imported/renamed on 2.3.3

Didier Georgieff Didier.GEORGIEFF@agriculture.gouv.fr
24 Aug 2001 16:13:10 +0200

Hello,

I have a product with one ZClass derived from CatalogAware and
ObjectManager (and some nested ZClass as well).

This product is derived from Yihaw, and survived exports/imports
from 2.1.6 to 2.2.4 on my production server where i have my data.

I need to switch to an other production server on 2.3.3.

So, I have a new version of the same product (same classes but
changing methods a bit) on a fresh 2.3.3 (i cleaned all the other
products to narrow the problem), and i'm trying to import the 2.2.4
export file on my 2.3.3 install.

And whaterver side i take it, i just can't import it.

So i tried to export the import a new simple test objet on my 2.3.3
and it also fails. So i can see that the problems lives in my new
version of the product and 2.3.3.

Create is OK. But import or renames fails with those traceback
(basicaly same reason).

If it can enlight you, the actual production 2.2.4 has transparent
folder (and i know there are some issues with TP and Zclass
derived from objectmanager) but the 2.3.3 has not TP, so it would
not interfere anymore.

I suspect that TP changed some thing within the product (should
not normally but who knows), because i can't see any reason for a
new created objet to be not allowed to be renamed.

Any help would be more than apreciated because i bang my head
on the wall for some days now, and i found nothing similar on the
list, and Zdebug didn't revealed anything..

Thanks in advance.
Didier.

IMPORT

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223, in publish_module
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in publish
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\OFS\ObjectManager.py, line 565, in manage_importObject
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\OFS\CopySupport.py, line 444, in _verifyObjectPaste
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
Copy Error: (see above)
-->

RENAME

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223, in publish_module
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in publish
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_renameObjects)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
    (Object: manage_renameObjects)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\OFS\CopySupport.py, line 286, in manage_renameObjects
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File D:\ZOPE23~1\lib\python\OFS\CopySupport.py, line 301, in manage_renameObject