[Zope] extended zope functionality (copy, paste, import)

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 17:28:12 +0100

ed,

I find the easiest way to use the cut/copy/paste stuff in Zope is to use
some session manager with it.

For example:

<dtml-call "ses.set('cb_data',manage_copyObjects(['index_html'])">

or

<dtml-call "ses.set('cb_data',manage_cutObjects(['index_html'])">

would set the cb_data variable in the currecnt user-session, this assumes
you're using the CoreSession stuff from ZC.

Then to paste at a later date:

<dtml-call "manage_pasteObjects(cb_data)">

It's really that simple.

If you do it this way then all the advantage of the Zope cut/copy/paste
system is kept,

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of (cos I can't remember), is the exact
name of the methods, I'm pretty sure though.

hth

Phil