[Zope] newbie-ish dmtl-in question

Russell Hires rhires@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:52:00 -0400

Hello everyone,

I want to get a value from a form on one page to either a dtml-in variable or
dtml-unless variable on another page, which I seem to be able to do, but for
some reason I get no iteration. I'm able to send the variable over to the
other page just fine, but neither the dtml-in nor the dtml-unless wants to do
their thing. I'm using the Database connection examples from the Zope Book as
my examples, but I'm clearly not doing something right...

On the page where I get my value from a form is this:
<form action="result-test" method="POST">
<input type="text" name="iterations:int">
<input type="submit" value="submit">

and on the page I'm going to, I have this:
<dtml-in iterations>
This is a test
</dtml-in>
So, when I test, this is the error I get. I don't know what it means,
though...
Error Type: TypeError
 Error Value: len() of unsized object

How do I fix this?