[Zope] start zope on RedHat 7.1

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:01:27 -0400

First, if you're not a linux guru, use Webmin to deal with your server...
it's amazing...  http://www.webmin.com  - in there is a section on bootup
and shutdown, you can just create a new item, and put in the command:

/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.3/start -u zope -p - -W 8081 \
            -a 127.0.0.1 -t 20 \
            &> /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.3/var/log/startup.log &

Is what I have, which shunts the error messages to a log.  Could be better
but I don't know how to use the syslog's (yet!).  You can check Zope's doc
(or the source of the start script) to see the parameters.