[Zope] Automated Method of Uploading Files to Zope

Mojo Clark mojoclark@hotmail.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:36:51 +0000

Each Monday I take accounting reports from an ancient VAX system and roll
them into XML via Python and Perl scripts I have written (Python unzips the
files and triggers Perl scripts to process them into XML). I then upload
these XML files manually to my remote Zope server using the LocalFS product
to upload and manage them.

I would like to automate this last part of the process to automatically
upload the XML files to the Zope server which runs behind Apache with SSL. I
am soliciting suggestions on the best way to upload these files
automatically. Are there Python modules that can deal with logging into
Zope, the SSL layer, and file uploading? Is this a good candidate for an
XML-RPC application?

M. Clark