[Zope] External Editors

Fritz Mesedilla fritz.mesedilla@summitmedia.com.ph
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:55:13 +0800

wow!
I also tried ftp editing and it worked!
but isn't ftp insecure? we upgraded to ssh because of security reasons. is
the ftp of zeop secure?

Fritz Mesedilla
Systems Administrator

Summit Interactive, Inc.
FHM | Seventeen | Candy | Cosmopolitan | Preview | Good Housekeeping
femalenetwork.com | candymag.com | fhm.com.ph | cosmo.com.ph

Palm Pilot Software: TVSked - Download from the link below
http://mesedilla.tripod.com           +Basta Ikaw Lord
-----Original Message-----
From: Tommy Johnson [mailto:tommy@7x.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 8:14 AM
To: Zope List
Subject: RE: [Zope] External Editors

LOL. How many threads did this one question spawn?
You can use just about any editor and then FTP the code into Zope. I use
ColdFusion Studio (HomeSite the same) because it allows me to set up a FTP
site into Zope - which allows me to download the method/document, change the
code, and save - which conveniently FTP's it back to Zope.
Before then, I used Notepad, and then used an FTP client to transer back to
Zope. I just got fed up with the Zope HTML textarea interface.
Tommy
Innovation:
The Best Way To Predict The Future ...
     Is To Create It.