[Zope] Netscape 4.7x Redirect problem

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:22:28 +0200

Don't ask me why but people in the community keep repeating that you should
pass a full url to the redirect() method.
Do instead:
RESPONSE.redirect('http://www.guugle.com/Allen/menu')
...or...
RESPONSE.redirect(menu.absolute_url())

Again, don't ask me why but adding lock=1 as a parameter to the redirect()
has helped me once or twice. I don't know how it works but it makes sure
that after a success full redirect the addressbar shows what you expect it
to show.

Peter