[Zope] zclass add method -- how to get at properties?

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:42:04 +0000

Hi,

Thanks for the links. I had read those and it still does not answer
my question.

I have a product called abc.

Inside that product I have a ZClass called GGG and a method GGG_addForm
which was created when I created the ZClass.

Inside the ZClass there is a propertysheet called Basic and
two properties s_choices which is type lines and s which is
a selection (linked to s_choices).

What I want to know is, from GGG_addForm, how do I get s_choices?

I try <dtml-var s_choices> but clearly that won't work.
The instance is not yet created. I need to get the property
from the class definition somehow. I am also
trying <dtml-var "Control_Panel.Products.abc..."> but that is ugly and
doesn't work either.

>Hello,
>here's a nice link about ZClass-properties->
>http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/zProperties
>and at the end there are more links or search on zope.org for
>zclass.
>Short description of the way:
>create product->create zclass-> create property-sheet->change manage_add
>method

I am not sure what method you are talking about here. The method
that my add form will call? or manage_addProduct? or another one?

>->build form (with your html-select-box)->build add_method ->that's all
>With a little routine , you manage to follow this steps and build a basic
>class with no layout in
>1 hour.

:)  maybe.