[Zope] Current item in a dtml tree

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:28:04 +0200 (CEST)

Tommy Johnson writes:
 > How do I get the current object from a dtml tree? With dtml-in, I can use
 > sequence-item, but that doesn't work with the tree.
 >
 > The situation is that I'm using an external method to return a list, and
 > then I want to do certain actions with the current object in the list.
As you noticed, "tree" does not support such a variable.
Your options:

  1.  Enhance the "tree" code to give it this new variable

  2.  Most Zope objects have a "this()" method which returns
      the object. If the objects in your list are Zope
      objects, then you can use "this()".
      Otherwise, you may enhance the objects in your list
      by a "this()" method.

Dieter