[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Photo Product Update

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-999875162.b6b5e5@logicetc.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:06:01 -0400

Well.  I realized a couple problems here for those that are using
ImageMagick support:

1) Windows apparently doesn't support popen2 on Python 1.5.2, so you'll need
to use Python 2.1, which works with Zope 2.3 (unofficially for me, anyway)
and is of course required anyway for Zope 2.4.

2) Python 1.5.2 has the popen2 call in the popen2 module, but not in the os
module.  I've changed it to use the popen2 module for compatibility.

3) According to the documentation, Windows requires the mode to be specified
in popen2, which I failed to do.

For those that have been having problems with ImageMagick on Windows, please
try the latest version of Photo.py in CVS at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zopephoto and let me know if it works.

Thanks!

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.