[Zope] Degrading performance with redirects?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:47:10 +0100

Jonathan \(Listserv\) writes:
 > We're experiencing a problem with a Zope based site that serves most of its
 > content via redirects, the new location based on results from a PostgreSQL
 > database.
 >
 > The weird thing is that the Zope site becomes very slow after a week or two,
 > which is fixed by restarting Zope. It doesn't seem to be a memory problem
 > (512MB free out of 768MB total) or a load problem (server is 99% idle most
 > of the time). Zope has about 5 Gigabytes of storage available, running on
 > Red Hat Linux 7.1.
 >
 > The homepage is served by a redirect:
 >
 > <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type', 'text/html')">
 > <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('nl/another.page')">
 >
 > The rest of the site is basic DTML, building tables based on results from
 > the database with a few if's here and there.
Strange!

  ... because a redirect is just a normal response with a specific
  HTTP response code and a location header. Nothing special at all.

Sure, you problem is not the redirect.

Unfortunately, I do not know what it is...

Dieter