[Zope] Degrading performance with redirects?

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:21:14 +0000

At 11:50 03/12/2001 +0100, Jonathan \(Listserv\) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We're experiencing a problem with a Zope based site that serves most of its
>content via redirects, the new location based on results from a PostgreSQL
>database.
>
>The weird thing is that the Zope site becomes very slow after a week or two,
>which is fixed by restarting Zope. It doesn't seem to be a memory problem
>(512MB free out of 768MB total) or a load problem (server is 99% idle most
>of the time). Zope has about 5 Gigabytes of storage available, running on
>Red Hat Linux 7.1.
>
>The homepage is served by a redirect:
>
><dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type', 'text/html')">

It's probably completely irrelevant but why the setHeader for the
Content-type. If this is a straight redirect to another URL then there is
no entity in the response body to identify the type of. Maybe removing this
extraneous operation could make a difference.