[Zope] CMF, like it? hate it? why? other options?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
04 Dec 2001 16:46:45 -0700

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 09:56, Jacob Singh wrote:
> Is CMF worth investing the wicked steep learning curve.  I really am
> banging my head against the wall with it.  Mainly in terms of how to
> make it look like and feel like a normal website and not one that
> members need to know what folder an article is published in.  It's all

Uhh, unless you provide links, you need to know what folder a given
document is in on *any* website. If you need a site with membership, and
one where members need to have a low bar for content addition, then CF
is appropriate.If not, well, it is a *FRANEWORK*, not an out of the box
website, and you'll have to do development. This is true regardless of
CMF. Zope serves almost no needs 100% out of the box.

Heck I even use it for a site where only I publish content. I use the
document, news item, and some semi-cloned document objects, to provide
what I need almost effortlessly.

Just as with any tool, it depends on your need. A hammer can drive a
screw, but a screwdriver is better. If you are having a hard time, you
may want to reconsider if CMF is the right tool for your job.

Bill