[Zope] Zope solution.

Geir Arne Evjen geirae@pors.hit.no
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:20:26 +0100

I'd heard about this nice product throught a collegue of mine, and I have
some questions in which I hope someone can answer me :-)

Me and someothers are working with thermodynamic modelling and alogorithms.
One year ago we saw the need of distribution of our code, which means that we
made our thermodynamic calculation engine as a separate module, and other
modules could use this one (The thermodynamic core could also access other
modules again). All communication between the modules are in CORBA.  When we
want to send data to the modules, id.e. modellparameters we use XML. Later we
created a dynamic GUI language for manipulation of the parameters and other
stuff, inserting values into the XML tree and calling the different module
functions. Its our glue module. (which is more or less does the same as Zope
(Correct me if I'm wrong.).

So to my question:
This summer we built a GUI client using java which communicated with our
gluemodule. This is a solution we want to have. Is it possible in Zope to
accomplish this in some way. (Id.e communication without using a web client)

Best regards,
Geir Arne Evjen