[Zope] NameError (global name 'namespace' is not defined)

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 23:31:47 GMT

This may be a version problem, or it may not.

I wrote a fairly straightforward Zope application in Zope 2-3-1 on Linux.  (That
instance of Zope has been working just fine for months and hey, it wasn't broke
so I didn't fix it.  The Linux box has been up for 132 days and I like the fact
that I only have to fuss with Zope, if anything at all.)

I created a simple product and associated folder (with a slew of Folders, DTML
Documents, python scripts, and DTML Methods.  Then I exported them and shipped
both the product and the site off to a client who had downloaded and installed
Zope 2-3-4 for Windows.

The client got into the Zope management screen (after a little hand-holding, but
he didn't read any documentation, so I can't complain).  I talked him through
the processes of unzip/untar the product, and loading the particular site.

Now the client can pull up a browser and accurately read index_html of the main
folder.  However, when he tries to read any of the DTML Documents, Folders, etc.
he gets:

Zope Error

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'namespace' is not defined

Is this problem between different versions of Zope?  namespace is pretty
fundamental.  I don't see how it could have worked fine under 2-3-1 and not
under 2-4-3.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ron