[Zope] Zope stops responding...

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:10:45 -0500

Was there anything noteworthy in the Z2.log right before it stopped
responding?

This behavior would be consistent with that of a ZODB database
connection leaking every once in  a while, until seven of them are
leaked after which Zope sorta sits there stubbornly with its arms
crossed not doing anything at all.

You could prove or disprove this by making it happen again while "big M"
logging was turned on... if you analyze the big M log with
requestprofiler and you see "hangs" in the output that aren't caused by
a restart, these are likely thread leaks.