[Zope] Authentication by IP address

Arian de Wit a.dewit@niwa.cri.nz
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:15:07 +1300

Hi All,

I'd like all users browsing the site from 192.168.*.* (i.e. our
intranet) to see some additional content. I've read and implemented
the HowTo (although * isn't allowed in IP addresses, apparently) and
then found via the mailing list archives the "setAuthenticationMode"
thing to actually make it work, and only then discovered that it
takes *much* longer for pages to load under this scheme.

Is there some other way to achieve my goal? Basically, I want
intranet users to see an "update/correct this page" form at the
bottom of every page, in an effort to help them to help us keep our
content fresh and accurate.

FYI, I am running Zope 2.4.2 with ZServer on Win2K Server SP2.

Many thanks,

Arian

Arian de Wit
Information Systems Integration Manager
NIWA (National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research)
Gate 10 Silverdale Road, Box 11-115, Hamilton, New Zealand 2001
Phone (+64) 7-856 1769
Fax (+64) 7-856 0151
Web http://www.niwa.co.nz