[Zope] MailHost problems

abg@comco-inc.com abg@comco-inc.com
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:55:36 -0600

I had the exact same problem with Zope on NT. No matter what I did, I
couldn't get Zope to play nice with the SMTP server that comes with IIS 4.0.
Eventually I installed another SMTP server, and MAILHOST worked like a
charm. If your site isn't incredibly high traffic, Hermes
(http://www.alixoft.com/software/hermes.htm) works well, and is free. You'll
want to install it as a service, you can find instructions for doing so
here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q137890.

Another option is to migrate to Win2000/IIS 5.0. The IIS 5.0s SMTP server
works with MAILHOST.