[Zope] 'manage_pasteObjects()' problem

vmilitaru@sympatico.ca vmilitaru@sympatico.ca
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:37:29 -0500

When I execute the following python code (from within a method of an instantiated object):

myClipboard = self.aq_parent.manage_cutObjects(id)
destination_folder = getattr(my_root_folder,'dest')
destination_folder.manage_pasteObjects(myClipboard)

I get the error:
'The object <my object id> does not support this operation.'

And I don't get it. I thought that by making my object inherit from 'OFS.SimpleItem.Item', I get cut&paste support. Can someone explain? What's the solution to make 'paste' functionality work? Or again, are there alternative tricks for moving objects around, besides 'manage_pasteObjects()'?
Regards,
Vio