[Zope] ZCVSFolder woes

Rob Miller rob@kalistra.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:13:11 -0800

Hi,

Is anyone out there using ZCVSFolder to help manage Zope development?
I've played with it a bit, and I'd love to start using it on the project
that I'm currently managing, but I'm finding it problematic...

What I've found is that I can add CVS Folder objects with no trouble,
and that, at first, I can enter the CVS Folder objects and perform CVS
operations as expected.  If I wait a while, though, and then try to
browse into the CVS Folder using the management interface again, I find
that my http requests never get a response.  I'll click on the "CVS"
object, the browser shows me that it's working, but I never get into the
CVS Folder...

If I log into the server and run ./stop from the correct directory, I'll
find that, for every time a CVS Folder access failed, one of the Zope
python processes didn't die.  That is, if I tried unsuccessfully 3 times
to browse into the CVS Folder, then there will be 3 python processes
left over that should have been killed by the ./stop command.  If I kill
these processes by hand, then I can restart the server, and the CVS
Folders will work as expected again... for a little while.  Also note
that I can stop Zope from responding altogether if I allow the number of
failed CVS Folder accesses to equal the NUMBER_OF_THREADS that Zope is
allowed to spawn.

I'm running Zope-2.4.2 on FreeBSD-4.4, and I'm using ZCVSFolder-0.2.5.
Has anyone else experienced this?  Any ideas on how to make it stop
happening?  I like the ZCVSFolder interface, and being able to use it
would GREATLY facilitate our development process.

Thanks!

-r