[Zope] "Publishing" static content

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:07:53 +0100

Derek Simkowiak writes:
 > 	After the site looks good under Zope, they want to "publish" the
 > content to another (offsite, timeshared) Apache webserver.  This would be
 > standard HTML after Zope processes it (no DTML), and regular images
 > (GIF/JPG), Flash, and AVI files.  The deal is, they want to use a
 > webhosting service that does not offer Zope.
You know "sitecopy" or "wget"?
Search the mailing list archives for details...

 > 	The first problem I see is that objects in zope don't carry
 > extensions, i.e., it's index_html, not index.html.  The Apache server
 > would use those extensions to come up with the MIME type (HTTP
 > Content-Type header)--if the files from Zope don't have extensions, how
 > will the Apache server know what kind of file it is (and not just serve it
 > up under the default text/plain MIME type?)
Then give them extensions!

The "index_html" problem can be solved (in most cases) by putting a DTML
Method (! not a Document) into the Zope root with the content:
       <dtml-var index.html>
It works as a redirector to your "index.html".
Again a search in the mailing list archives will reveal more details...

Dieter