[Zope] stability of zope?

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:46:04 GMT

> Hi!
>
> > I also need some testimonials about Zope's rock-solid(?) stability...

I ran Zope 2-3-1 for months without problems and only retired it (with the 2-4-3
version) just last week.  Thus, it ran from the time that the 2-3-1 version came
out until last week without a single crash.

The only times I restarted it was when I added/changed a new product.  The
longest uptime for that instance of Zope was 53 days.  It has never hung on me.
It has never crashed or refused a request.  Splendid performance.

Note, the same instance of Zope was running both in production and as a
development box.  Not exactly the wisest move, by my firm hasn't seen fit to
give me a second box.  I was able to get away with that, however, because Zope
is a solid product.

By the way, I've been running Zope on Linux.  As of 6:46 pm (Central time) that
Linux box had an uptime of over 137 days.  It pays to have a stable OS.  Being a
longtime monitor of this list, I've noted that many of the stability problems of
Zope can be attributed to the OS or the specific settings for the OS.  IMHO.

Ron