[Zope] Help compiling Zope 2.4.1 from sources on OpenBSD 2.8, error can't make ISO_8859_1_Splitter

Warren Postma warren-postma@rogers.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:35:13 -0500

Hello folks. I am trying to get Zope to compile on OpenBSD 2.8.  I have
searched Google and found that
people do in fact have ZOpe up and running on OpenBSD.  First off, yes, I
installed Python 2.1.1, and it
runs no problem.

I ran "python wo_pcgi.py", and it got a fair ways into the building process,
and then died inside of a Makefile, with the following being the most
interesting error output:

/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/makesetup  -m Makefile.pre -c
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/config.c.in Setup -n
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/Setup.config
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/Setup.local
  /usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/Setup
make
make: don't know how to make ././src/ISO_8859_1_Splitter.c. Stop

Now, there's a folder called  ISO_8859_1_Splitter but there's no C file.

The path of the folder is
~postma/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/TextIndex/Splitter/
ISO_8859_1_Splitter

Is this a case of me needing to Read a Million Pages of Documentation that I
haven't read yet?

What does it mean that it can't find this ISO_8859 file?  Is there something
I need to change in the configuration of Zope in order to get it to build on
this platform?  I built the full Python 2.1.1, I believe,
so I have no idea what this file is that it wants.

Warren