[Zope] php IMP/Horde from Zope

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:18:45 +0100

Hi,

anyone tried to integrate Horde/IMP with Zope?

I need autologin to IMP, i.e. users authenticated in Zope should be able
to go to their IMP mailbox without reauthenticating.

In my understanding, if I have page "A" written in non-PHP language, and
I want to auto-login to a page "B" (redirect.php), I have to assure page
B that a user did indeed authenticated in page A. I can see two options
to do that:

1. In page A, create form with fields "imapuser" and "pass", and submit
via POST. This has a security drawback of being visible in HTML source
of A, and being saved in web caches etc.

2. In page A, set a cookie in client browser that contains encrypted
user name and password, and in page B pick up that cookie. Encryption
can be cracked but it looks more secure than 1.

3. Use some form of communication between A and B on the server,
probably through SQL.

Which approach would you consider the best?

--
Milos Prudek