[Zope] External methods: No place to enter Parameter List?

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1008998560.354787@logicetc.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:22:40 -0500

Unless there's a documentation error, you may be reading about Python
Scripts and not External Methods.

Python Scripts are added through the Zope management interface and you
specify parameters in the text entry box.  Python Scripts are limited in
their ability for security reasons.

External Methods are defined in a file in your Zope's Extensions directory
and are written like any Python function, starting with def(parameter list).
When adding an External Method within Zope, there's no need to tell it the
parameter list since it's specified in the file.  External Methods have
access to all sorts of goodies that Python Scripts do not.  In addition to
being very useful, they could also do a lot more damage if you're not
careful.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.