[Zope] OmniWeb, Zope, Cookies

lozinski@openstepnews.com lozinski@openstepnews.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:41:46 -0800 (PST)

There was a thread on this mailing list about zope and cookies and the OmniWeb
Browser on Mac OS X.  Basically it is hard to get things to work, because the
Omniweb browser sets the cookie under a path variable.  So when you go to fetch
the cookie, it is  not available by default.

It turns out there is a fix to this problem.

If you do set the
path='/'
argument in the command
RESPONSE.setCookie('CookieName','CookieValue',path='/',expires ='wed, 19 Feb
2020')">

Then everything works just fine.  At least it works fine on Omniweb on Mac OS X
Server.  I have not tested it on other browsers.

I just did not want some other people to see the discouraging messages on this
list server and give up.

If you ever read this message, and it helps you, could you be so kind as to send
me an email to that effect.  It will encourage me to write more postings like
this one.

Regards
Chris

1-510-795-6086