[Zope] INSTANCE_HOME...Please..

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:15:02 -0800

Hi;
I'm trying to get Jim Cain's multiple zope instances script working. I
would like to get this working so that I can build INSTANCE_HOME on top of
it and install a bunch of products without having to always re-do
everything! I have this output from zstart (designed to start my one
instance of zope):

#su nobody -c \
 > "/usr/local/bin/python /home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0/z2.py \
 > -p /home/httpd/cgi/zope0/Zope.cgi \
 > -w '' -m '' -f 8080 -t 2 -Z
/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0/var/zProcessManager.pid \
 > INSTANCE_HOME=/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0 \
 > /home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0/z2.log 2>&1 &"

I've created the extra files (Zope.cgi, z2.log). I wasn't quite sure what
pid Jim wanted for his *manager.pid*, so I assumed the zProcessManager was
what he was after and stuck that in. At any rate, when I run the above I
just get a prompt returned, but Zope isn't started. Can someone please let
me know what I'm doing wrong?
TIA,
BenO