[Zope] re: dtml-sqltest and MS Access data types

Harlow Pinson hpinson@indepthl.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 13:44:35 -0700

It seems that the <dtml-sqlvar ... type="nb"> in a ZSQL method will
write to a Long Integer data type in MS Access.  I have not tried the
other Access data types like memo, currency, etc.  If anyone has
experience with these, please share them with the list.  Thanks.

> Hi.  This probably has a simple answer.

> If I set up an field in a MS Access 2000 table with a data type of
> Long Integer, and then try to write to it using a ZSQL method and
> the DTML "dtml-sqltest" tag with type set to "int" or "float" I get an
> ODBC error.

> The Zope Book lists the possible data types available for sqltest > > as: int string, float, and nb

> The only thing i've found to work is setting type to "string"

> Are the other MS Access data types, like long integer, memo,
> data/time, currency, etc supported by the the dtml-sqltest tag?
> What are the workarounds?
Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson@indepthl.com