[Zope] Online Payments

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:11:58 +1100

On Saturday 15 December 2001 12:08 pm, Home Alone wrote:
> Greetings All Z's
>
>    I have few questions about processing online
> payments in Zope environment.
>
>   1. Is it true that Zope has to be run behind Apache
> (or similar) to enable SSL. ( ProxyPass ? )

No, ZServerSSL will do the job just fine.

>   2. Is it compatible with verisign Payflow Pro. Has
> anyone in here has done it or have an idea how it
> would have to be done ?

You will need to write your own code to handle payments like this. You'll
need to work with the payment gateway to figure exactly what needs to be done.

>   Are there any known documents addressing the online
> payment processing issues ?

Only those available from the payment gateway, since they're almost always
different.

If you're developing an e-commerce system in Zope, consider using Bizar Shop
- it's already there. http://www.bizarsoftware.com.au/

     Richard