[Zope] Re: Printable Page Question

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman@csun.edu
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:21:46 -0800

>From the Zope Digest:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Two Zopes [NEWBIE] (Lennart Regebro)
>    2. Printable Page Question (Vid Bijelic)

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:12:44 -0800 (PST)
> From: Vid Bijelic <zoops4@yahoo.com>
> To: zope@zope.org
> Subject: [Zope] Printable Page Question
>
> Hi,
>
> How to get content of the page you are on (DTML
> Document)?
>
> I want to make a printer friendly page without
> navigations and images.  The page contains dynamic
> text generated from the database so it is different
> every time.  Something like Printable page on zope.org
>  (I tried to view_source of zope.org printable page
> but couldn't)
>
> Vid

 I took the idea from the pages of zope.org a long time ago.

In your standard header:

<dtml-if pp>

< Material that you want as header for the printable page >

<dtml-else>

< Material you want on your ordinary page, including navigation and
images, but not the principal content.>  In my case, the ordinary page
is a table with only two elements in the main row. The first element,
the navigation, is defined here, as is the opening <td> for the second
element. The printable page will contain only the second element (but
not in a table).

</dtml-if>

In your standard_footer:

<dtml-unless pp>

</TD></TR>    #If pp is "true," there is no table defined
<TR><BR>      #and no link to the printable page
  <TD><p><dtml-var ZopeAttributionButton></p>
</TD>
<TD>
<A HREF="<dtml-var URL>?<dtml-if QUERY_STRING>
<dtml-var QUERY_STRING>&</dtml-if>pp=1">
Printable Page (without the Navigation Guide)
</A></TD>
</TR> </TABLE>

</dtml-unless>

</BODY></HTML>

Hope this helps.

Al

--
Albert Kinderman     California State University, Northridge
       Department of Systems and Operations Management