[Zope] "undisclosed-recipients" or not to be

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:01:08 +0100

From: "Peter Bengtsson" <mail@peterbe.com>

server@peterbe.com
> to peter@grenna.net')
>
> Sends the message but the To line in the message says
> "undisclosed-recipients:;" instead of "peter@grenna.net" like it did with
the
> sendmail tag.

"undisclosed-recipients" is sendmails way of telling the receiver that there
was no To or Cc tag in the mail header.
The reason why you don't have this could be one of several:
- Zope versions before 2.4.3 killed the header if you passed subject as
parameter. This is not the case with your example here, since there are no
headers in the message text.
- When you don't specify headers in the mail, MailHost adds them, but
unfortunately adds them with the wrong casing, ie "to:" and "from:" instead
of "To:" and "From:". It could be that your mail server doesn't understand
headers with incorrect casing.

These problems are fixed in the MailHostFix I have released. You are welcome
to try it and find bugs in it. :-)
http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/mailhostfix

It could be a third problem, but then you would have to include the full raw
text of the finished received email for me to figure that one out.