Re[2]: [Zope] unable to instanciate product instance

Jerry McRae Jerry McRae <1jerry@usd1.com>
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:25:12 -0800

Hi Casey,    -

re: what you <CD> wrote Jerry on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 at 11:48 AM:

CD> Did you try using FTP or WebDAV?

CD> ftp://myzope:8021/

Thanks.  I never though of that, although...
ftp://127.0.0.1:8021 in IE gives me error 530, Unauthorized.  OK, but it
never showed the login prompt.  OK, so now I have a FTP question, since
I don't know much about it.  How do I pass it my name and password in a
browser since it doesn't prompt for it?

I have a windows ftp program (part of "Drag and File"), which I use for
my web servers.  I have tried hostnames 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1:8021,
localhost, and localhost:8021.  I always get "Unable to Connect", which
is quite helpful :(

Zope IS running, and the monitor shows ZServer successful login when I
was trying from IE, although I couldn't connect.

My broken instance is in the root folder.  Could that cause a problem
with ftp also?

--
 /\_/\    Jerry McRae       \|||/       mail safely: The Bat! 1.53d
(~o o~)  (stuck in win98)   (. .)       Zope v2.4.1  - dryer than golf

========== your original message below ==========