[Zope] memory leak problems

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1009385081.007253@logicetc.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:44:41 -0500

Indeed.  If you're using Andrew's Photo product, this is most likely your
problem.  The old product stored photo data as string attributes.  The new
one uses Zope Image objects (or optionally ExtImage objects to store the
data in the file system).  See http://www.zope.org/Members/rbickers/Photo

As per what Dieter said, if all the attributes load on accessing the object,
the entire image data would load from the old Photo product.  This was the
most significant reason I wrote the new product.

I just ran your script on my set of 453 Photos, and there was zero increase
in memory use.

Note that if you're going to use ExtImage, I recommend getting the latest
CVS version from SourceForge which includes several ExtImage fixes.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.