[Zope] zpasswd.py access: STILL A PROBLEM

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 05:06:36 -0800

Nope, doesn't work.
Here's the problem, restated more clearly. I hope SOMEONE can answer this
question...
1. I used zpasswd.py access with SHA encryption to create an emergency user
and password.
2. Apparently, I must have mis-written the password in my notes.
3. I tried to write a new password to the emergency user using the zpasswd
script. Everything seemed to work, but I still couldn't log on.
4. I wrote a completely new password using cleartext. It worked.
5. I want to GET RID OF the old emergency user and password and REPLACE
THEM with new ones using SHA encryption.
6. I am unable to replace the username or password with ANY level of
encryption.
7. The web interface doesn't allow me to change the emergency user (as far
as I can see).
8. I am using Advanced Production Setup with ZEO
http://www.zope.org/Members/dshaw/AdvancedSiteSetup and that appears to
have run some sort of interference with zpasswd.py since I completely
rebuilt Zope and the problem remains.
9. If I knew where the passwords were stored, could I simply erase the file
and start afresh?
10. Any other options?
TIA,
BenO