[Zope] Automatically including another document

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:04:00 -0800

Works well. Now, can I test for existence of the included document?
The following produces an "excessive recursion" error:

<dtml-let thisid="getId()">
   <dtml-with book>
     <dtml-if "_[thisid]">
       <dtml-var "_[thisid]">
     </dtml-if>
   </dtml-with>
</dtml-let>

On 12/20/01 at 6:53 PM Chris McDonough wrote:

>Bruce Eckel wrote:
>> Here's what I'm trying to do: in a subdirectory off the current
>> one, called "book", there is a file with the same name as this
one,
>> and I want to include it in the current DTML document. Here's
what
>> I have so far:
>>
>> <dtml-with book>
>> <dtml-let text="_['URL'].split('/')[-1]">
>> <dtml-if text>
>> <dtml-var text>
>> </dtml-if>
>> </dtml-let>
>> </dtml-with>
>>
>> The problem is, <dtml-var text> simply spits out the name of the
>> document, rather than the document contents.
>>
>> (I feel like I've struggled with this before...).
>>
>> Is it possible?
>>

>Try this (assuming it's in a DTML document, otherwise get "thisid"
in
>your workarond manner as per the last message):
>
><dtml-let thisid="getId()">
>   <dtml-with book>
>     <dtml-var "_[thisid]">
>   </dtml-with>
></dtml-let>
>--
>Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
>http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com
>"Killing hundreds of birds with thousands of stones"

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar