[Zope] Uploading lots of little files to zope

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:08:37 +0200

>> I now have lots of little files -- thousands -- to upload to Zope
>> every time I do an update of a book. FTP-ing is quite painful.

Maybe sitecopy could also help here. http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/
Uploads only changed files; keeps state based on date or checksum.

We use it something like
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-September/099817.html
(that post is a bit out of date here and there: eg. SQL methods and
SkinScript have / are getting PUT factories .. Also, you don't need
to FTP out new objects, but you do have to create blank ones in the
ZODB to have something to upload into. If the new object is Script
(Python) you have to see that the header data block (starting with
##) is present.)

Jean