[Zope] Still lost

john public apython101@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:20:13 -0800 (PST)

--0-721124050-1009225213=:17155

 Glad to hear I can do a lot without coding in Python. However I am still lost.

Url's did not work for me. I am running windows 98.

Zope Website folder? Is that a folder on the Zope web site or a folder titled website in what I dowloaded? If the latter I cannot find it.

Zope runs as a service?? You mean Zope becomes my ISP? Or something like that? Still lost, but encouraged to hear that it is easier than Python. I am getting somewhere with Python, slowly. So I guess I might somewhere with Zope not so slowly.  If only I can install it and find the start button. :)

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Zope normally runs as a service - the only thing you get to see is the
web (and other server) interfaces - try:-

   http://localhost:8080 - for a quick intro

   http://localhost:8080/manage - for the management interface

This is assuming you are on Win NT or 2K and you local machien resolves
to localhost (if not try substituting 127.0.0.1 for localhost in the
above URLs), and have chosen to run Zope as a service - if it's not
running as a service or you are on Win 9x, look for start.bat in the
Zope Website folder, run that and try those URLs...

Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.
--0-721124050-1009225213=:17155

<P>&nbsp;Glad to hear I can do a lot without coding in Python. However I am still lost.</P>
<P>Url's did not work for me. I am running windows 98.</P>
<P>Zope Website folder? Is that a folder on the Zope web site or a folder titled website in what I dowloaded? If the latter I cannot find it.</P>
<P>Zope runs as a service?? You mean Zope becomes my ISP? Or something like that? Still lost, but encouraged to hear that it is easier than Python. I am getting somewhere with Python, slowly. So I guess I might somewhere with Zope not so slowly.&nbsp; If only I can install it and find the start button. :)</P>
Send your FREE holiday greetings online at <a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://greetings.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Greetings</a>.
--0-721124050-1009225213=:17155--