[Zope] PHP w/Zope

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:47:29 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2--950605229

On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 02:22 , Allen May wrote:

> How does PHP play with Zope? We have a lot of PHP pages that we
> would have to convert if we moved over to Zope.

You could use some Apache RewriteRules to allow for part of your
site to use PHP. Just make sure that it gets hit before any Zope
defaults. I use Apache + VirtualHostMonster + mod_rewrite. Sorta
like this:

   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteLog "logs/www.yourdomain.com-rewrite_log"
     RewriteLogLevel 1
     RewriteRule ^/php-stuff/ - [L]
     RewriteRule ^(.*)
http://www.yourdomain.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.yourdomain.com:80/
yourdomain/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P]
   </IfModule>

Zachery Bir <zbir@urbanape.com>
<URL:http://www.urbanape.com/>

--Apple-Mail-2--950605229

We have a lot of PHP pages that we would have to convert if we moved
over to Zope.</fontfamily>

</excerpt>

You could use some Apache RewriteRules to allow for part of your site
to use PHP. Just make sure that it gets hit before any Zope defaults.
I use Apache + VirtualHostMonster + mod_rewrite. Sorta like this:

  <<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

    RewriteEngine On

    RewriteLog "logs/www.yourdomain.com-rewrite_log"

    RewriteLogLevel 1