[Zope] Zope+Apache+ProxyPass

Rodrigo Leme de Mello rleme@idg.com.br
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:11:37 -0300

First of all, i would like to thanks for your attention.

I set up this configuration on my server without ProxyPassReverse
and everything is going fine. The performance, regarding i was using pcgi
is very good. But i´ve noticed something strange.
Some pages are rendered in the right form, but there are some cases
that in the rendering process, Zope put in the top of the html a base href
tag
and transform all links in that page to relatives. And the bad thing is,
this base
href correspond to the Zserver link. So, i will lose that logs.
How can i correct this ? To avoid this base href and keep in all pages the
original
link?

Best regards

Rodrigo

>Use rewriting rules, eg:
>
>     ProxyPassReverse / http://www.mysite.com:1485/
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteLogLevel 0
>     RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite_log"
>     RewriteRule ^/stat/ - [L]
>     RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.mysite.com:1485/$1 [P]

What do you need ProxyPassReverse for, when you use Rewrite?

I too think, that Rewrite is a better solution, but there should be the
Rewrite Module compiled in or loaded as a DSO by Apache.

-goe-
http://www.goeldi.com/e/