[Zope] Renting/buying a dedicated Zope server

Eric Casteleijn eric@codenamefuture.nl
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:21:06 +0100

I finally got the company I work for to give me a chance to try a pilot
project using Zope. Problem is we need a server set-up somewhere running
Apache and Zope (preferably under NT as we have no *nix/nux knowhow whatever
inhouse.) We found a company here in the netherlands that will host a 19"
server for us cheaply, so we asked our hardware supplier for an offer on the
box with apache installation (Zope i can manage myself, but i have never
even seen Apache up close). They said it would cost approximately 10k  for
an IBM Netfinity with 2 SCSI-drives, including 12 hrs to install Apache.
Somehow that seemed a little excessive to me, and even if it isn't, we can't
afford to spend that much on this project right now, but we might in a few
months. My question is: does anyone on the list know of a partner that can:

a) sell us the hardware & Apache installation at a lower price (keeping in
mind the box will have to be shipped to the Netherlands.)

or

b) rent us a server with Apache/Zope installed, and something like
pc-anywhere running to access it from over here. We would require 24-7
service (someone to reboot the server if it hangs/crashes, not much more.)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I know these aren't questions about Zope proper, so if this question is
inappropriate for this forum, please disregard, and this newbie's apologies.

cheers,

eric casteleijn

eric@codenamefuture.nl
t 070 302 47 81